Property, Personnel, Finance and Economic Dev. Committee
About the Board
Quorum: Majority of committee present at a meeting.
Powers and Duties
The Personnel Committee advises the Village of Doylestown Council on matters relating to personnel policies and practices, compensation and benefits, labor relations, employee relations, staffing and organizational structure. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Have charge of all matters arising under Employment Relations of the Ohio Statutes, as well as all State and Federal laws that pertain to labor. The Committee may form a sub-committee to carry out this responsibility.
- Devise, implement, and maintain a mechanism for the performance evaluation of employees.
- Hear employee grievances that have been unresolved at the steps designated in the employee manual.
- Review and establish employee recruiting and retention procedures.
- Oversee Employee Safety and Employee Assistance Programs.
- Recommend annual salary range adjustments and annual salary and wage rate adjustments of Village employees.
- Have oversight of all Village approved personnel policies with the Village, including sick leave, vacations, paid holidays, and leave of absence.
- Make recommendations for the organizational structure and staffing levels of departments of the Village.
- Review departmental requests for creation, deletion, reallocation, and reclassification of positions.
- Oversee the employee insurance benefit programs, including medical, dental, life, and worker's compensation.
- Acts as a review board for non-represented employees regarding disciplinary action taken by Department Heads.
- Responsible for the oversight of the Village’s Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity responsibilities, ADA compliance, and FMLA.
- Recommend changes to and enforce Village employment rules "Employee Manual".
- Once every 2 years, review wage and benefit levels of positions in comparable municipalities to ensure that Village employees are being fairly compensated and that the Village maintains its ability to competitively recruit and retain employees.
- Other duties as may be assigned by action of the Village Council.
- Work with HR firms to establish classes and training sessions on HR laws.